Tuesday, August 14, 2007

didja miss me?

It's been a long time since my last posting -- sorry. A family reunion/vacation in the Canadian Rockies kept me busy. But now that I'm back to beloved Cleveland, I'm finding the fun never stopped while I was away.

I don't like spiders, I admit it. I'd just as soon squash one than have it crawl within a 5-feet diameter around me. But that doesn't mean the little creepy things are beneficial. And of course, kids love spiders, right? So Wednesday at 7, be at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm, 1828 Smith Road in Akron, for a Spider Stroll. Explore the world of the little guys with naturalist Mike Greene while searching for some 8-legged creatures. Hey, maybe they should come to my back yard -- they're everywhere spinning their magic!

Register today to help the Lake Metroparks people in their World Record Canoe and Kayak Challenge this Saturday at 9 a.m. at the Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park. They're trying to break the Guinness World Record for the world’s largest canoe and kayak raft -- how cool is that?! The current record stands at 776 set by the Cleveland Metroparks in 2003. Lake Metroparks wants 1,000 boats, and is benefiting the American Cancer Society. Registration starts at 7 a.m., and it's all ages (under 12 with an adult).
Call the Lake Metroparks Sports Hotline (440-954-4178) for details, or go to lakemetroparks.com for an official entry form.

No comments: