Monday, July 2, 2007

getting old, trying to keep moving

Oprah's telling me that I'll grow lots more hair all over my face, my nose and ears will get bigger and my hands will look haglike as I get more and more beyond the happy side of 40. Oh well, at least I have my kids to tell me how good I look -- for a mom MY age.

Don't forget the punky fun Jonas Brothers concert tonight at the House of Blues, 308 Euclid Ave. (at the new East 4th Street pedestrian area); 7 p.m. Tickets are $20-$30. Trust me, that is the new cool area. Went to Lola for dinner Saturday night, and although the decor was so sleek it was almost a cliche, the food was dreamy and our waiter was funny, the wine full-bodied.

From noon to 2 p.m. today, pack a lunch and take the kids down to Star Plaza, for “It's Five O’Clock Somewhere” with “Summer on the Square” weekday events. Today it's Idol Monday – the most hilarious audition moments from the first four seasons of "American Idol" will be showing on the giant video board. Tomorrow is Lucy Tuesdays with first- season episodes of "I Love Lucy." Bet your kids haven't seen that, have they? Star Plaza across from Playhouse Square on the under-construction Euclid Avenue, so leave a little extra time.

No comments: